PSC Solved Paper.
1. _________ is a powder used in laser printers to form the images on a paper.
2. Worms and Trojan Horses are examples of:
3. ___________ Printers work by selectively heating regions of special heat-sensitive paper.
4.The ISI mark is given by:
5. The laser printer was invented at:
7. A flaw in a system whereby the output is unexpectedly dependent on the sequence or timing of other events is called a:
8. A 56k modem can transfer data at up to bits per second over the phone line.
9. The original implementation of the C programming language was standardized by :
10. ________Is a signaling method that handles a relatively wide range of frequencies.
11. The port number used by SMTP is:
13. A packet filter is a type of
15. Which among the following utilities can detect a bad sector?
CHKDSK and SCANDISK
16. In 100BASE-T, 'T' stands for:
17. A head crash is said to occur when the read-write head of a hard disk drive:
Touches the magnetic media
18. Category 5 cable includes ---twisted pairs in a single cable jacket.
19. The port number used by the HTTP protocol is
20. In PowerPoint presentations, individual pages are called:
21. Power-on-self-test is built into the:
22. PowerPoint can embed content from other applications through:
23. The latest release of Microsoft Windows is called:
24. GRUB is an:
25. __________Is a family of programmable interrupt controller chips.
26.card allows television signals to be received by a computer.
27. ________Is an IEEE 1394 implementation.
28 'Windows protection error' messages may result from:
Damage to the system registry
29 Sound Blaster line of audio cards were made by :
Creative Technology Ltd.
31 Indiscriminate sending of unsolicited bulk messages is known as :
32 The 'blue screen of death' may occur due to:
All the above
33 FAT manages files in contiguous groups of sectors called:
34 The utility which can be used to clean the windows registry is:
36. Ultra Wide SCSI had a throughput of: (A) 10 MB/s
37. A dual-core processor has L1 cache.
40. Port 110 is used by _______
41. A file extension .ogg indicates an ______format
42. Kerberos ts a__________protocol.Network authentication
43. Athlon series of processors are made by:
44. Which among the following is a real-time operating system?
45. The internet top level domain .cn refers to :
47. _____________ Is a protocol used by networked computers (clients) to obtain IP addresses and other parameters from a server.
48. is the brand name for 64-bit Intel microprocessors with IA-64 architecture.
49. is an organization which develops internet standards through RFCs.
50. The ability to replace components of a computer, while it is operating, is called:Hot swapping